1253 Queen's tiled floor

Henry III ordered a new tiled floor for Queen Eleanor's (Eleanor of Provence) chamber.

(Detail of tiles from complete floor display in the British Museum).

Pavement for web

1244

The circular pavement was designed and laid in the King's (Henry III) chapel. (On display in the British Museum).

1470-1471

Henry VI returns briefly.

1773

Andrews and Dury map of estate.

1650

3,000 deer counted in the park.

DSC_0234_3239

1771

lease of Brick Kiln farm includes claypits, sandpits and chalk pits.

1610

Speeds map of Clarendon Park shows only ‘Kings Lodge’ (the gatehouse of the old palace) and ‘Queen Manor’.

1220 Salis cath

1220

c 1220

New Sarum (Salisbury) was established and on 28 April, the foundation stones for the Cathedral were laid.

A Gothic landscape of palace and cathedral was evolving.

1355

Edward the Black Prince’s illegitimate son, Roger of Clarendon born.

info@clarendonpalace.org.uk

Privacy Policy

Website supported by
heritage-logo