1773

Andrews and Dury map of estate.

1650

3,000 deer counted in the park.

DSC_0234_3239

1771

lease of Brick Kiln farm includes claypits, sandpits and chalk pits.

1604

c 1604

King James's horse stumbles in a rabbit burrow and throws the king, while he is riding in the park. The king immediately orders the destruction of rabbit warrens.

1610

Speeds map of Clarendon Park shows only ‘Kings Lodge’ (the gatehouse of the old palace) and ‘Queen Manor’.

1644

rendezvous for Royalist forces.

1643

Estate mortgaged to Lord Hatton and others for £20,000.

1640

All lodges in Clarendon Park described as ruinous.

1640s

7000 fallow deer in the park.

info@clarendonpalace.org.uk

Privacy Policy

Website supported by
heritage-logo