Edward II visited to hunt and took ‘88 great fallow bucks and 14 [young bucks]’ in the park.
Work on the royal lodgings carried out ‘against the king’s coming’ from July.
Edward III’s first visit, aged 18, in November.
Swanimote court hears of break-in at Clarendon to steal the king’s sparrowhawks.
Edward III orders new coppices to be made in the park, which were enclosed in 1336 with low hedges.
They are probably the coppices that survive today.
The high-status ‘Lodge on the Laund’ built, probably opposite the palace to the north near the present Queen Manor Farm.
It comprised a hall, two chambers with chimneys and garderobes, a cellar with a pantry and buttery, and its own kitchen, larder and stable.
Major reroofing project, 64,000 tiles ordered – the most common artefact found today on the site, 1,000 hip tiles and 50 ridge tiles (crests).
Edward the Black Prince’s illegitimate son, Roger of Clarendon born.
Black Prince victorious at Poitiers.
Great Hall reroofed etc.